prose: fangs & fumes



Some of my reads (amongst a host of others which decorate my surfaces and go unread!) as well as my palette from my watercolour box which I thought sat nicely next to Nick Land's book - Fanged Noumena. A fabulous title and had to look up 'Noumena' - a word that comes from the Greek word 'nooúmenon and means 'thought-of'. The infamous Kant brought this word to the wider sphere and I have to admit I have yet to read his work in its entirety though I own one of his works (see older post for more prose aesthetics!).

Nick Land's work is worth a 'read', though I have only dipped in and out as its a roller-coaster of a read and has come to be termed as 'theory fiction'. It may not be your cup of tea but certainly worth 'experiencing' (literally) a different style of theoretical writing. I referred to this book on and off in some of my writings/research particularly a chapter on 'Geo-Trauma'. The title alone was enough to set the pulse racing. 

Rather than go into his work, Im going to list some of the words from the index, where for some reason prior to returning the book to the library I photographed the index. (thinking out aloud, the 'index' could be an interesting spin off point for further blog contemplations!)

ABSTRACTIONS
RAT PUNISHMENT
EXUBERANCE
CHINA SYNDROME
AOSsys
ANASTROPHE
TURING COPS
MACHINE IN
DENUMERIZATION
BECOMING ZOMBIE
BOOK OF LIFE
SARKON ZIP
BLACK SUN
KUNDALINI
CYBERPUNK
SCHIZO-POLITICS
DIGITAL REASON
DOUBLE BIND
LOBSTERS
LABYRINTH
K-VIRUS
NEGENTROPY




Get the picture?

Popular Posts