public: City Lit Foundation Show: "Blurred Boundaries"

Back in 2008 when I first started the foundation course, doing an end of year show was a distant if not unthinkable reality! If only I knew then what I was to come up with for my final piece!! I'll still never forget what someone from the foundation said..."Sonia, I thought you were such a nice, sweet person!"
I guess the polar opposites theme is something I quite like exploring in my work.

The initial theme was 'Collections, and thought I'd share the process of thought in my sketchbook and those dreaded worksheets. Combined printmaking, painting and pattern making thrown in for good measure...something I've carried over from my fashion days. The idea is based around the disintegration of the soul and the progression to becoming a soul-less piece of meat. Happy days! 

From this:

















To this:




















Finally...
"Blurred Boundaries'
Oil/Acrylic/Etching, Mixed media on canvas 2010


Popular Posts