progress: Dreamscape planes series

It all started with a dream, (although on seeing the work you might say a nightmare!) which I had a few weeks ago where I dreamt a vivid tribal landscape image and felt the urge to paint it.  However whilst working on the piece, it has metamorphosed into something else. Again, I've taken a more 'unconscious' approach to the work like the 'Excavated Realities' piece - I just find this process of working really liberating. I have used acrylics but have used a similar 'glazing' method like you do with oils - layering the colours which has been really effective but very time-consuming..i'm only a quarter way through.


The inspiration mix for this has been a bit of perspective, buildings and futuristic landscapes.....some of the research images are below.....to think it started off as something tribal!!! To be continued....

Some inspiring research


Popular posts from this blog

process: Research day 10 - Pin-hole play

ponder: Research day 2 - Art & Science I

prose: to observe - to be observed